Violent Attack Leaves Victim Critically Wounded in Evansville – Arrests Made for Attempted Murder

EVANSVILLE, Ind. – Two men were arrested in connection with a brutal assault that left a victim critically injured in Evansville, Indiana. The incident took place on Saturday night, prompting a swift response from the Evansville Police Department (EPD).

Law enforcement officials received a call regarding an assault in progress in the 100 block of E Tennessee St. around 10:30 p.m. A resident reported that a victim arrived at their doorstep covered in blood and in distress before collapsing. The victim, later identified as having suffered blunt trauma to the head and a cut near the eyebrow, was quickly rushed to the emergency room for medical treatment.

Surveillance footage obtained from the scene and nearby gas stations revealed the sequence of events leading up to the attack. The footage depicted Charles Ethan Mills, one of the suspects, attempting to assault the victim before getting into a black Jeep owned by Cade Christopher Kirk. The two men were then seen driving around in search of the victim before launching a violent attack at the intersection of Heidelbach Ave. and Tennessee.

Authorities uncovered additional details during the investigation, including the relationship between the suspects and the victim. It was revealed that one of the suspects, Charles Miles, lived with Samantha Chase and Cade Kirk, and tensions arose due to a prior relationship between the victim and Miles’ wife. Detectives discovered a set of brass knuckles on Kirk during his arrest, though he denied using them during the assault.

The victim, currently in critical condition and unable to breathe independently, faces an uncertain prognosis. Meanwhile, the suspects, Miles and Kirk, are now facing charges of Attempted Murder, with the possibility of facing more severe charges if the victim’s condition deteriorates. Samantha Brooke Chase was also taken into custody on Failure to Appear charges but has since been released.

The Evansville Police Department continues to investigate the incident, urging anyone with information to come forward as they work towards delivering justice for the victim and holding the perpetrators accountable for their actions. The community remains on edge following the disturbing attack, underscoring the importance of swift police intervention in violent crimes.