Five Teens Arrested for Brutal Assault Leading to Skull Fracture

CORAL SPRINGS, FL – In a disturbing incident that unfolded in Coral Gables, Florida, five teenagers have been arrested following a brutal altercation that left a student with a fractured skull. The violent episode occurred in a park adjacent to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, where the victim, a student of the school, was viciously attacked by a group of his peers.

The altercation, which took place on a Tuesday afternoon, quickly escalated when the victim was surrounded and then forcefully slammed to the ground by several assailants. This attack resulted in severe injuries, including a fractured skull. The incident, captured on video, has sent shockwaves through the local community and raised serious concerns about youth violence and safety in school environments.

Witnesses to the event described a chaotic scene. Patrick Fox, a bystander, recounted seeing the beginning of the chase but left before the situation worsened. He later learned about the victim’s serious injuries. The aftermath of the incident saw the victim being rushed to the hospital, where he is currently recovering at home.

The response from the school and law enforcement was swift. Four students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School and one from Coral Gables High School were initially apprehended. A fifth student subsequently turned himself in. All the arrested teens are facing felony battery charges and have been placed under house arrest, with court dates set for January.

The principal of the High School, Michelle Kefford, expressed her determination to ensure that the suspects do not return to the school campus. She emphasized the school’s commitment to working closely with the Coral Springs Police Department to ensure that all those responsible face appropriate consequences.

The father of one of the suspects, Barrington Leefatt, has come forward to defend his son, claiming that the victim was not innocent and that his son was actually the one attacked first. He insists that he has video evidence to support his claim.

This incident has reignited discussions about school safety and the measures needed to protect students from such violent occurrences. The community and school officials are now faced with the challenge of addressing these concerns and ensuring a safe and secure space for all students.

As the legal process unfolds, the community awaits further developments and hopes for an outcome that brings justice to the victim and addresses the underlying issues that led to this tragic event. The incident is a stark reminder of the need for vigilance and proactive measures to safeguard our youth and educational institutions.