Pregnant Teen and Boyfriend Murder: Third Suspect Arrested in San Antonio Case

SAN ANTONIO, Texas — A third suspect has been apprehended in connection with the tragic murders of a pregnant 18-year-old woman and her boyfriend in the San Antonio area. Myrta Romanos was taken into custody and now faces multiple felony charges for her alleged involvement in the case.

The investigation into the deaths of Savannah Soto and her boyfriend, Matthew Guerra, began just days before Christmas when the couple was reported missing. Their disappearance prompted a Clear Alert, as they were last seen in a gray 2013 Kia Optima with a temporary license plate. Unfortunately, their bodies were discovered inside a vehicle on December 26, 2023, bringing the search to a tragic end.

In the initial stages of the investigation, 19-year-old Christopher Preciado and his father, 53-year-old Ramon Preciado, were arrested and charged in connection with the case. Christopher was charged with capital murder, and his father faced charges of abuse of a corpse for allegedly assisting in moving the victims’ bodies.

Subsequent to these arrests, law enforcement identified a third individual possibly involved in the crime. Through forensic investigation and video evidence, Myrta Romanos was found to have been present at the scene of the murders. She now faces charges related to tampering with evidence and playing a role in the disposal of the victims’ bodies.

As authorities continue to delve into the details of the case, they have emphasized Romanos’ involvement in attempting to conceal crucial evidence related to the crime. The development of this investigation underscores the complexity of bringing those responsible for heinous acts of violence to justice, and serves as a reminder of the importance of thorough and meticulous police work in unraveling such cases.

In summary, the arrests of three individuals in connection with the murders of Savannah Soto and Matthew Guerra signal significant progress in the investigation, shedding new light on the events that led to their tragic deaths. The case continues to unfold as law enforcement diligently works to bring all those involved to justice.